Saturday, August 2, 2014

Pretty Surprises

I recently placed an order for Fyberspates DK yarn (silk / merino) to make a cowl for my mother-in-law.  Can't remember if I mentioned (and too lazy to look) she saw my Chatsworth cowl and asked for one for Christmas.  

(Here is what it looks like complete finished (blocked and all).
So, anyway, I went onto Craftsy's website and ordered and figured I'd maybe order the DPNs I need for a class project.  Yes, I did order a whole set of DPNs, but all are small size for the likes of socks.  I'm sure I'll figure out how to use them and it won't be a total waste.  On top of these "necessities," I decided to grab a "mystery bag" while I was at it.  I really do not need this extra yearn.  I haven't figured out what to do with the last "mystery" stash or even what I intentionally bought.  Ordered it all anyway.

As I wait for it all to arrive, I figured I really need to get moving on using up yarn.  After a few restarts and a LOT of un-knitting, I finally finished my Liesl cardigan.  I'll be honest, it still needs a button (it has a buttonhole, though!), but still wearable.  I think I'd like to try it with a lighter yarn next time.  (Yup, a next time!)

That's one ball of yarn gone.  (Yeah, one, but how much am I going to get?)  And then....the mail arrives with a package  I know holds some yarn-y goodness.  I have to make myself sit through dinner and get the kids sorted first.  Then I open it and, oh how yummy!  I know the picture doesn't do some of the colors justice, but so nice.  The teal yarn is the Fyberspates I purchased intentionally.  My "mystery" bag came with another hank of the same yarn.  If I'd only known.....

Now the question is, what will I make with these?  Hmmm.....

2 comments:

  1. Stash is a wonderful thing! I may have added to mine yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have a little to add to my stash on Wednesday (maybe).

    ReplyDelete