Monday, August 11, 2014

On the Run...Sort of

Fall race season will start before I'm ready for it.  Heck...summer is almost over and I'm not exactly ready to face that, either.  This probably wouldn't matter, except, I'm already registered for two fall races.  A 10k end of September and a 10-miler in November.  Not a big deal if I'd kept up the fitness and nutrition regimen of spring race season.
So here I am trying to start over.  I forced myself to get dressed in running attire and my Brooks
and hit the road.  I managed just over 1 mile. That's a far cry from the half marathon end of April. True I am in the mountains and are hills but that's really no excuse I like a fitness.
Maybe tomorrow, I can make it a mile and a half.
UPDATE: I dI'd do 1.5 today and it felt awesome in the rain.  I stopped since it started to rain harder, my Garmin was dangerously low on battery, I was near the house.  Mostly for the first reason though since the "Moms" were likely starting to fret that I was out in the rain.  This was confirmed when I came in and my mom said she was almost about to get her car keys to come out for me. 

1 comment:

  1. See, you didn't lose all your running prowess. Running in the rain is great, too. You don't feel the sweat slime as much and you look/feel bad ass for being out in the elements.

    ReplyDelete