Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"No, I'm an idiot"

Yes, that's right.  I'm an idiot.  I fully admit it.  Let me explain.

I ran this past Sunday for the first time since May 18th.  My local running club (whom I have grown to love very much) hosts free Sunday runs of a few varying distances.  Had I kept up with running post half marathon training, it would not be surprising for me to without question figure I could definitely do the 5.3 mile option, but maybe choose the 10 mile.  Yeah, I know that's crazy, but remember I was trained (and completed in 2:18:43) a half marathon just three weeks before the last run.  Which does remind me...that was a bit of "idiot" moment there.  I did a half marathon in Columbus, OH the weekend of April 27, then did a 5K on May 3rd and participated in the Pittsburgh relay on May 4th.  Yeah, genius.

Anyway, I digress.  Sunday's run.  Having done nothing, I really should have opted to do the 3 mile run.  Get the legs moving, see some running friends, get out of the house.  Just ease into it.  But that would be wise.  I opted to go from zero to 5.3 miles.  Oh yeah, and this spanned, if I counted correctly, six bridges (translated:  much uphill).  Mile 1 was great.  Mile 2...eh.  Miles 3-5...really regretted my decision, but it was carry on or have a long (slow) walk back to my car.  I absolutely (and unashamedly) admit I took full advantage of the friend I was running with not having water with her.  "Do you need to stop here for water?"  Yeah...there is something to be said for going past a couple hotels.  

Two days later, my legs are still a bit sore.  I am an idiot.

But, friends, it doesn't end there.  Oh no.  That just isn't enough.  Let's move onto my myriad of (and I have time, when???) projects. Specifically, quilts.

I have my jelly cakes quilt started on "sew-cation."  I really hoped to baste and start the quilting this weekend.  It's a holiday, so an opportunity to capitalize on the extra day.  A lofty idea given only the blocks were pieced together.  This didn't take into account the following still needing to be done:  
  • buy solid fabric for first border,
  • buy batting,
  • cut, piece and attach first border,
  • cut, piece and attach second border,
  • piece together backing

Theoretically, that should all be possible in a weekend and a couple evenings.  Ha. Ha. HA!

Reminder--I'm an idiot.

Rather than work on the border (which I did procure the fabric on Saturday), I opted to revisit the Craftsy 2012 Block-of-the-Month.  January blocks were complete some time back, but I'd never completed the others.  So rather than work on the quilt I could put well on it's way to being complete, I opted to work on the blocks for February and March.  Brilliant.  

And if that wasn't enough to raise a "What are you thinking?'....add in my evenings.  Monday, I went out to purchase the batting and was home in time to watch "24."  This is probably the only show I watch all week, so it was a bit of an obligation.  One border done.  But...the rest of the list still needs doing.  None of that for tonight (Tuesday) since I had a bit of a dinner date (which I am ever so thankful for and had a lovely time) and no sewing.  The rest of the pre-holiday evenings are a bit tied up.  

So for the record, one last time.  I am an Idiot.




No comments:

Post a Comment