Monday, July 7, 2014

Lost and Alone In the Dark

At some point, I know there will be a spark, a light, a map.  Until then, I guess I'll just stumble around and see if I find myself on some path or other.

Running is note even a crawl.  I have a 10K and a 10 mile race this fall (Sept & Nov, respectively) and am nowhere near trained for it.  I'm not eating right and can't even say I have a base level of fitness--should be fun to start Teacher Training this weekend.  (What was I thinking?!?!)

I'm pretty stalled on all my projects.  We went away for the weekend.  A part of me had this little "fantasy" of being able to pack up my machine, quilt pieces and at least get the thing sandwiched together and a start on the "ditching."  Yeah, right.  My bag of yarn barely fit in the car.  My only crafting for the weekend was to finish the seem on one of the "Punky Penguins" and stuff it.  I have yet to finish even one I was asked for.  I suppose, I did do some artsy things with the girls on Saturday--we played with stickers and such. While fun and great quality time, not exactly productive.

I have a knit-along and a crochet-along that I have not made it beyond winding the yarn.  A shawl kit I purchased and just about all of my UFOs I mentioned a couple weeks ago.  To add to all of it, I started on a "Frozen Inspired Anna Cape" using some mill-end yarn my mom gave me--it's not very easy to work with and the gauge is way off.  Just the few rows of the collar, I think it would fit me.  Oh well.

I did some clean-up of my fabric stash since I have a three-drawer plastic rolling "thing" we brought back.  I used some tips from Happy Zombie.  I still have a lot to do before I can put things in the closet and get things out without practically removing everything.  When I sat down to do some crochet, my husband turned off the light.  So literally, I am in the dark and have no real motivation to go to a light.

And if any of this is not proof enough, I'm randomly watching Craftsy classes and sort of browsing.  I look at Amy Butler's site and get a bit depressed.  I mean, the creativity and the passion....I'm just in awe and amazement.  It isn't all something within my taste, but I just love what she comes up with.  Beautiful fabrics from vibrant to soothing and decor and garments.

Then there is Amy Gibson's blog over at Stitchery Dickory Dock.  Whenever I read one of her blog posts, it makes me just feel so emotional.  She just comes across as so honest and just sincere.  I read her posts and am not envious of her, but really want to know how she pulls it together and how she does it.  She led the 2012 BOM (the one I made it through March) and just creative and fun and educational.

After all that, I am still lost and it is still dark.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment