Sunday, March 15, 2015

Burnside Tunic - Part 1

I completely forgot I meant to post about my progress on this.  I started into a project for myself.  Yes, this one is entirely meant for me from the start.  It isn't one of the many other projects that (IMHO) turned out too horribly to gift, but I hold no shame and happily wear the monstrosities.  

But anyway....I purchased the pattern and yarn over the summer.  I have no idea why I thought this would at all be easy or quick.  I am not a fan of knitting cables.  It must be the success I had with my oldest's sweater that gave me an over-inflated confidence.  I mean, that sweater had a cable on each side of the cardigan front.  How much more difficult could this be with it's 82 zillion cables.  OK, so it isn't quite that many, but I think it's close.

It's worked in the round until about sleeve level when the front and back are worked flat (separately).  Once the front and back are done, it's bound together and then the cowl-inspired collar is worked in the round once the stitches are picked up.  I'm a bit intimidated by it, but trying to take it one section at a time.  The bottom ribbing was pretty easy...not much to k2p2 once you've even made an attempt to knit.  The body section I'm working know is where all the cables come into play.    I think I'm about halfway through this section (right before it goes to working flat).

Here are a couple pics of progress.  It's a charcoal grey (almost black), even though it looks lighter.  this one is of the front (or back).  It's tough to see the cables very well, but you get the idea.  


This one is view of the how the sides look.  Again, cables, but not as intricate as the front / back.  

I'll try to post more next time I pick it up and make some progress.  Of course, it probably won't fit or it won't look right, but I'll worry about that if / when it's finally finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment