Monday, June 16, 2014

UFO Sightings!!

I walked through the house tonight and was a little surprised (and embarrassed) by the UFOs I found scattered about.

  • Penguin parts in the living room.
  • A dishtowel requiring three rows & blocking until complete.
  • A cowl that just needs the ends woven in and trimmed off.
  • The quilt blocks that just requires the top half and bottom half (one seam!) be stitched and pressed.
  • The two snap bags that are halfway complete (hidden under the January 2012 BOM).  

And that is just what is plainly visible!  It doesn't include the WIPs stuffed inside a closet or sewing basket like:

  • The quilt top that needs pressed and mended before I call to schedule long-arming.
  • A skirt that needs a hem (not that it would fit now anyway--2004?)
  • "Footprints in the Sand" cross stitch (easily circa 1993)
  • A flower needlepoint (likely to end up a pillow
  • The second in a pair of tea towels
  • A Care Bears cross stitch Christmas stocking
  • I'm sure there is at least something else that isn't done!
As much as I want to look forward to what to start next (like my knit-along or crochet-along or the two twin quilts I have planned with the Moda Independence Trail fabric line pre-cuts I have), I suppose I should finish a thing or two (or three) before I start anything else.  

Any ideas on a good incentive plan?  Am I the only one with this kind of problem?

**update**
So just a quick update on the in-plain-sight UFOs
  • A dishtowel requiring three rows & blocking until complete.--DONE
  • A cowl that just needs the ends woven in and trimmed off.--DONE
  • The quilt blocks that just requires the top half and bottom half (one seam!) be stitched and pressed.--DONE

1 comment:

  1. Someday I will make a list of all of mine to help you feel better at yourself. And what did I pack for this trip? Three un-started projects (dishcloth, two scarves).

    ReplyDelete